The University of Maine at Presque Isle seeks to facilitate the continuing discovery of self and ongoing development of the whole person through a challenging curriculum, experience-based co-curricular activities, and adventurous learning opportunities. To achieve these ends, the institution aspires to meet specific goals for its students, faculty, and staff. Central among these are
- To be widely recognized as a university that supports its faculty's commitment to the preparation of undergraduate students;
- To have a stimulating effect on the cultural and economic development of Aroostook County and the State of Maine;
- To be a catalyst for personal discovery through intellectual, cultural, and outdoor adventure.
To attain these goals, we envision creating an environment that encourages our students
- To assume new challenges, take appropriate risks and act creatively;
- To strive to make a difference in their chosen professions;
- To be better informed citizens who constructively and compassionately participate in an increasingly complex world;
- To use their university experience to explore the future with curiosity and confidence;
- And to achieve their maximum potential on their journey North of Ordinary.
Final version adopted by the University Senate in April 2002.