NEW INTERNATIONAL STUDENT I–20 CHECKLIST
When you receive your I-20 and Instruction letter:
- Verify as soon as possible receipt of your I-20. Please email:
- Complete Form I-901 online at http://www.fmjfee.com and pay the SEVIS fee
Going to the U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate:
Documents Checklist - Bring the following documents when entering the U.S. for the first time to attend the University of Maine at Presque Isle.
- Valid Passport and Photo Identification or official Birth Certificate
- Form I-20 and SEVIS fee receipt
- $6.00 (U.S. funds) to cover the cost of the Student Visa processing fee
- Your acceptance letter to the University of Maine at Presque Isle
- Evidence of financial ability to meet expenses. Bring financial documents, such as, bank statements, scholarship award letter, loan papers, sponsorship letter, etc. that show you have the necessary funds to support yourself while you are in the U.S. attending school.
- Evidence of intent to depart the U.S. after completion of studies
- Form DS-156, "Nonimmigrant Visa Application" with 50 x 50mm photograph
- Form DS-158, "Contact Information & Work History for Nonimmigrant Visa"
Before Leaving for the United States:
- Secure travel arrangements so you arrive at the University before the 1st day of school.
- Confirm your housing plans and your arrival plans with the Admissions Office.
- Before leaving your country, if necessary, declare valuables you are taking to the U.S.