1. What questions will I be asked when I call to update my information?
You will be asked the following questions:
- Full Name
- Maiden Name
- Professional suffix
- Nickname or name you preferred to be called
- Preferred Class Year
- Home address
- Home phone
- Home Fax
- Preferred email
- Job title
- Business Address
- Business email
- Business phone
- List of any other post graduate degrees you have received (school, degree, and date received)
- Family members (spouse, kids [ages are helpful with kids, so we know when we can send them a UMPI brochure!)
- List of dorms you lived in on campus
- List UMPI Activities you participated in while on campus (sports, social, academic)
- Would you like to purchase the 2012 Alumni Directory.
2. What are my options for purchasing a 2012 UMPI Alumni Directory from PCI?
There are several options:
- Value Package, which includes:
Printed alumni directory
CD Rom alumni directory
Companion airline ticket
- Printed or CD-ROM alumni directory only
- CD by Decade: includes alumni that graduated five years before and five years after you graduated.
- Sweatshirt or t-shirt/cap combo with UMPI logo
3. I ordered a package containing the Companion Airline Voucher, but I haven't received the post card requesting verification of my address.
For those who purchase the Value Package containing the Companion Airline Voucher, they will receive a postcard within 2 -3 weeks to go to the PCI website to initiate the voucher process by entering their name and user ID (shown on the postcard) and confirming the correct mailing address. Alternatively, the buyer can call our client services team toll free at 1.800.395.4724.
After verifying your address you will receive a tri-fold voucher that initiates the receipt of the authorization code to make your travel arrangements.
The concept of the Voucher is:
- Book one flight through the voucher issuing travel agency and get a second companion ticket on that flight for free
- The Voucher is:
- Good for up to one year
- Good for domestic travel within the contiguous 48 states
- Good on 19 different airlines
- Black out dates do apply
4. Why is UMPI Alumni Association using an outside contractor to complete this project?
With a small Office of Alumni Relations, the University needs to use a professional company to ensure that the Directory is complete, accurate and completed on time.
5. When will the 2012 UMPI Alumni Directory be complete?
The Directory will be completed and printed in the winter of 2012. Only the number of Directories that have been requested by Alumni will be printed to be cost efficient and environmentally friendly.
6. Is there an environmentally friendly version of the alumni directory?
Yes, Alumni may purchase a CD ROM of the Alumni Directory.
7. Can I choose what information is listed in the directory?
Yes. As a standard, the following information will be printed in the Directory:
- Full name including your surname at UMPI - if different from your current last name
- Class Year
- Home mailing address
- Preferred email address
- Degrees received from UMPI and other institutions
- Job title and company
If you wish not to have certain information printed in the directory, you may choose to have specific details omitted.
8. Why can I only update my information by calling a telephone number and speaking with a representative?
PCI is located in Dallas, Texas and works with a variety of educational institutions across the US. Their representatives are trained and look forward to making sure your information is updated for UMPI. However, later in the project there will be an online update site available to everyone in case there are any last minute changes before the project goes into the publishing stage. You will be given access to this site via email, which will be sent out with an embedded link to the update site. Once you have reviewed your record, you will also be given the opportunity to reserve a copy of the directory.
9. Who at UMPI should I contact if I have additional questions?
10. About PCI
How do I contact Customer Service at PCI about my airline voucher/my order/shipping/the project?
Who is PCI?
PCI is a company that creates and publishes alumni directories for educational institutions. PCI's products help Colleges and Universities update alumni information for the purpose of encouraging alumni engagement.
What does PCI offer?
PCI offers two types of customized products and expert services:
- PCI publishes printed alumni directories
- PCI offers ENGAGE™, featuring a combination of best-in-class online community software and online marketing/management services.
How long has PCI been in business?
PCI traces our roots back over 85 years to the Rockwell F. Clancy Company, the nation's first publisher of alumni directories. PCI has been incorporated under the PCI (Publishing Concepts) name since 1982 and are a privately-held, family-run business.
On what market(s) is PCI focused?
PCI works with alumni and development offices of universities, colleges, professional schools, independent schools, alumni associations, fraternities and sororities.
Who are some of the PCI clients?
PCI partners with 17 of the top 25 universities as rated by US News and World Report including Princeton, Harvard and Georgetown.
Where is PCI located?
PCI is located in Dallas, TX.
The University wants to stay connected to its Alumni; this is just a sure way of doing so. We look forward to hearing from you!