University Credit Union
We are excited to have partnered up with University Credit Union (UCU) and are able to offer you some incentives for being an UMPI alumnus. Some of the benefits available to you:
- First-Time Home Buyers Programs
- New & Used Vehicle Loans
- Mobile Banking with Bill Pay
- 24/7 Online Account Access
- AND soon a small branch on the UMPI campus!
If you are not local-please know that these benefits are available to you throughout the State at UCU's other branches in Orono, Bangor, Farmington and Portland... AND have access to your account through SHARED BARANCHING at nearly 4,000 branch locations nationwide! Sign up for your custom UMPI Alumni debit card today at 1.800.696.8628 or at www.ucu.maine.edu.
10% Discount at the UMPI Bookstore
Located on the ground floor of the Campus Center, the Bookstore has been serving students, faculty and staff for many years. The store hosts a variety of UMPI "North of Ordinary" clothing, Alumni Merchandise, office supplies, gifts and other memorabilia.
15% Discount off Membership Rates at Gentile Hall
Caroline D. Gentile Hall, the newest building at the University of Maine at Presque Isle, officially opened to the public on January 21, 2006. Named in honor of the University's longest serving faculty member, Gentile Hall features a large multipurpose court, fitness center, pool, elevated track, and climbing wall. The facility supports the University's academic programs and student body, but also welcomes the community to use its resources.
Alumni Benefit Offers Discount on Auto & Home Insurance
In April 2007, the University of Maine at Presque Isle Alumni Association partnered with Liberty Mutual, the nation's eighth-largest auto and home insurer, and your response has been wonderful. Through Liberty Mutual's Group Savings Plus® program, UMPI graduates may save on their auto, home, condo, or renter's insurance*. Plus Liberty Mutual offers their customers who have both auto and home policies an attractive added multi-policy discount.
More Information (PDF)
In addition to discounts, Group Savings Plus® offers UMPI Alumni:
- The freedom to purchase insurance the way you want: through a personal sales representative at more than 400 offices countrywide, a toll-free telesales center, or online.
- Convenient payment by automatic checking account deduction or direct billing to your home
- 24-hour toll-free claims service
- 24-hour emergency roadside assistance
- 24-hour homeowner emergency repair service
- Outstanding customer service from a local office, or from Liberty Mutual's J.D. Powers and Associates-certified call centers.
"The University of Maine at Presque Isle Alumni Association is proud to have a company like Liberty Mutual participating in our member benefits program. They have a proven history of providing their customers with quality insurance options and exceptional service," said Barb Blackstone '92. "We look forward to a long and successful relationship with Liberty Mutual to ensure our graduates' home and car insurance needs are well-met."
*Discounts are available where state law and regulations allow, and may vary by state.