The University of Maine at Presque Isle is accepting applications for a Mechanical Specialist- Plumber. The successful candidate will perform skilled installation, maintenance and repair work in plumbing. Typical job duties may include:
• Operating hand and power tools associated with the plumbing trade.
• Installing, cleaning and repairing water and waste lines to a wide variety of
• Installing, repairing and periodically testing valves, sump pumps, water circulators
and backflow preventers.
• Installing, cleaning and repairing underground water and sewage piping.
• Requisitions supplies and materials from stockroom; and orders from vendor.
• Installing and repairing piping for gas, air, vacuum and sprinkler systems;
fabricating ductwork and plumbing parts.
• Reading blueprints and piping diagrams.
In addition to responding to a full range of calls for service in the skilled trade, this position also assists in multiple skilled trades work as well as grounds and facility maintenance work. Requirements: High school diploma or GED, Masters Certification in plumbing required. HVAC experience preferred.
This 7am -3:30pm shift position may include weekends and occasional evenings. The hourly rate of pay is $15.55/hour plus an outstanding benefits package. Applications are available at the Human Resources Office, 126 Preble Hall, University of Maine at Presque Isle, 181 Main Street, Presque Isle, Maine 04769, or online at http://www.umpi.edu/employment. The successful candidate will be subject to applicable background checks.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a suitable candidate is found.
The University of Maine at Presque Isle is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.