Full-time, regular, non-exempt position.
The Administrative Specialist serves in the Office of the President as an essential member of the administrative team that contributes to a professional and efficient office. The Specialist provides support to the President and the Development Office and works closely with Foundation and Board of Visitors. The employee will be responsible for planning campus events hosted by the President.
The position requires proven success working with a variety of people at all levels of the organization. The Administrative Specialist position is fast-paced with job duties that are diverse in nature and vary from day to day and include, but are not limited to, making travel plans; receiving, acknowledging and tracking gifts to the Foundation; assisting with data entry.
• Assess and balance the interests of a variety of projects/departments and adjust priorities to respond to pressing and changing demands.
• Identify and analyze problems; distinguish between relevant and irrelevant information to make logical decisions and provide solutions Required
• High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
• Two years of experience in office management, high level administrative work or related field
• Excellent communication (oral, written, presentation) skills
• Experience with computers including proficiency in MS Office software (word processing, spreadsheet, database), internet and e-mail/g-mail
• Basic budget and accounting skills.
• Associate’s Degree
• Three years of progressive experience providing administrative support to a chief executive • Experience with Advance software
• Prior customer service experience
The starting wage range is $14.61 - $15.55 per hour for a new employee or the appropriate transfer rate for a current employee within the University of Maine System. The University of Maine at Presque Isle offers an excellent benefits package, including health and retirement benefits, as well as tuition waiver programs for employees and their dependents. Additional information about UMPI is available at http://www.umpi.edu/.
The University of Maine at Presque Isle is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age disability, protected veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by law.