Appointment Terms: Full-time, regular, 12 month position.
Salary: Typical starting salary range $40,461 to $53,947 commensurate with skills and experience
Duties Begin: Immediately
Responsibilities: The Financial Manager provides administrative support to the Vice President of Administration and Finance, with primary responsibility of current financial operations. The Manager is responsible for activities in support of budgeting, financial analysis, and financial management.
- Monitors and directs the financial accounting system with links to associated systems (e.g., human resources, student financial aid, student information, advancement, accounts payable, and accounts receivable)
- Assists with the development and preparation of annual revenue and expense budget documents for Educational and General (E&G) and Auxiliary Operations; and other fund sources of the university.
- Performs complex financial analysis to assess the impact of alternative courses of action. Prepares budget status reports, special projects, and budget variance analysis as needed
- Monitors budget to actual fiscal performance. Approves all budget transfers and adjustments and processes journal vouchers as required.
- Assist with communicating budget and other financial policies and procedures to campus financial managers and trains university departmental personnel in compliance with University of Maine System processing schedules and Administrative Practice Letters
- Monitors, creates, and adjusts accounts and budgets for grants and contracts. Works closely with grant/contract managers to assure that expenditures meet grant/contract requirements. Files necessary reports and requests for release of funds from grantors (state, 3rd parties, etc.).
- Assists grant managers with the maintenance of the financial records necessary to verify compliance with grantor and University rules, policies, and regulations
- Collects, collates, and analyzes data for inclusion in reports to UMPI budget managers, the UMPI community, the Chancellor’s Office, Board of Trustees, and Legislature
- Assists with the preparation of annual operating budgets
- Coordinates the year-end closing with appropriate Chancellor’s Office and audit staff
- Monitors the campus use of procurement, purchasing card, and travel and expense systems for compliance and appropriate use.
- Performs other related administrative duties as assigned by the Vice President for Administration and Finance
- Acts for the Vice President for Administration and Finance in his absence
Qualifications: This position requires a bachelor’s degree in business or closely related field, with one to three years of relevant experience. Additional requirements include familiarity with financial and budgeting analysis, reporting tools, and software used to analyze financial data; exceptional computer competency; demonstrated proficiency preparing financial reports; ability to communicate information about financial matters, both verbally and in writing. Preferred qualifications include; knowledge of and familiarity with the University’s MaineStreet system; previous work experience in public higher education; and previous grants and contracts financial administrative experience.
Benefits: Excellent health/accident/life insurance, Retirement, Social Security, Tuition Waiver, etc.
University: The University of Maine at Presque Isle is located in Maine’s beautiful north country with its accessibility to numerous lakes, rivers and other picturesque natural features, the University of Maine at Presque Isle serves 1400 students of diverse educational backgrounds and offers a full range of quality academic programs in Liberal Arts and Sciences, Professional Programs, and Teacher Education. The University of Maine at Presque Isle will design with each student a personalized, technologically innovative education and prepare each graduate for a professional career, global contributions, and lifelong learning. Candidates may find more information about this new direction for the University at www.umpi.edu/personalized.
Barbara B. Lambert
University of Maine at Presque Isle
181 Main Street
Presque Isle, Maine 04769
The University of Maine at Presque Isle is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age disability, protected veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by law.