University of Maine System
The Chief Business Officer (CBO) will serves on the president’s cabinet as the chief financial and business advisor to the president and the campus leadership team and is the campus’ primary liaison to the functionally aligned services. Responsibilities include development of the annual campus budget in support of the campus mission and strategic priorities, overseeing the management of the annual campus budget as approved by the Board of Trustees (as well as other all other campus funds) and advises the president and the leadership team on innovative and practical approaches to meeting the campus’ fiscal needs, financial management of campus resources for grants and contracts, participates in long-range planning and goal setting for the campus and provides analytical support and reports for routine and complex projects, actively participates in the development of policies and procedures at the system and campus level, and oversees the administrative functional units managed at the campus level, including responsibility for financial reporting, cashier functions and student customer service, day-to-day (hands on) functions for maintenance and operation of plant, campus-managed auxiliary services, and other duties as assigned by the president and the CFO.
The CBO had a direct reporting relationship to the Associate Vice Chancellor (CFO) and a service reporting relationship to their respective campus president. The CBO will oversee directors/managers/supervisors of administrative functional units managed at the campus level and assigned by the campus.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business management, or public administration or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Solid working knowledge of financial and administrative management
- Knowledge of accounting, budget and audit disciplines
- Masters degree in an appropriate field such as MBA, MPA, finance or accounting.
- At least five years of experience managing in a complex organization with direct experience in higher education or public sector organizations.
- Commitment to public higher education dedicated to teaching, research, public service and student development.
The salary range is $80,000 – $99,000 and will be based on the qualifications and experience of the successful applicant. Benefits include medical, dental, retirement, and tuition waiver program.
The successful candidate is subject to background screening
University of Maine at Presque Isle is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.