The instructional technology resource center at UMPI is to provide instructional materials and support services to faculty members with respect to the integration of technology into teaching.
Multimedia in the Classroom:
As technology advances and hardware and software improves, it becomes much more feasible to integrate multimedia directly into classroom activities and the core curriculum. Understanding why, when, and where multimedia is appropriate and beneficial is the first step toward successful implementation.
The process of integrating technology into course projects:
- Determine the standards, learning outcomes, and assessment measures.
- Design the course projects/multimedia activity.
- Identify activities and outcomes related to content, collaboration, communication, creative thinking, and critical thinking.
- Create rubrics for evaluation. Identify appropriate reflective elements.
- Summative Evaluation: students should note what they learned, and teachers should note aspects of the lesson that may require revisions for the future.
- NOTE: Reflection and evaluation are important throughout the planning, design, and development of a multimedia activity.
- Flash Cards - The flash loads external XML (EXtensible Markup Language) data from an XML file. XML is designed to carry information. Click here to download the package. You can customize the flash card by editing the "xml_languagePicker.xml" file with a Notepad.
- Flipping Book - a digital book (load and parse external PHP and TXT files, a set of .img files are created and stored in a seperate folder)
- Virtual Aquarium - a slide show with music. Use 'array' command to load and display images and music.
- mp3 player - an XML file is created to store information, and a flash file loads and manipulates the XML. Click here to download the package. You can customize the player by loading a different set of .mp3 files and by editing the .txt and .xml files.
- FLV video (Darwin) - embed a streaming video clip in SWF file
- An example of finding limits - pre-calculus
- Blackboard 9 - ASSESSING LEARNERS
- Blackboard 9 - COMMUNICATING & COLLABORATING
- Blackboard 9 - UNDERSTANDING & BUILDING YOUR COURSE
- Multimedia instructional material - interactive flash showcase
- Homepage assignment in Blackboard - Flash Movie
- Camtasia Screen Capture Tips - Flash Movie
- Camtasia Studio Guide - PDF Document
- PSD Banner Template:
- banner-first year seminar - Photoshop formate .psd
- banner-water effect - Photoshop formate .psd