(with Amanda from Gentile)
Monday and Wednesday’s – 8-9 am
Our indoor swimming facility features a 25-yard pool ranging from 3.5 feet to 10 feet in depth, with a constant 84 degrees for water and 84 degrees for air. Both a handicapped accessible chair with lift and a friendly entrance of graduated stairs into the pool provides ease of access for both children and older adults. Whether you’re looking to swim laps or just take a dip to cool off, we can accommodate! For your safety and assistance, a lifeguard is always on duty when the pool is open.
|Fall Semester Hours|
|Monday and Wednesday
*Note Change Due to Swim Team
|Tuesday and Thursday||General/2 lanes||6-8pm|
|Saturday and Sunday||General/3 lanes||11:30am-1pm|
University Programs have Priority.
See our complete weekly pool schedule
Click here for classes available in our pool area
Pool Rules and Regulations
- All staff members must work to enforce the following rules and regulations in order to uphold the highest standards for safety, comfort and cleanliness of opur patrons.
- All users of the Gentile Hall are required to sign an Assumption of Risk & Release Waiver.
- Please consult a physician before using any of our recreation facilities and/or equipment, and before beginning a workout program.
- Anyone who experiences pain or shortness of breath is asked to discontinue use of equipment or facility and seek medical attention immediately.
- Absolutely no street shoes on the pool deck. Flip-flops and deck shoes used strictly for this purpose are permitted.
- NO holding breath games or underwater lap swimming.
- No running on the pool deck.
- In accordance with Maine state law, a cleansing shower must be taken before entering the pool.
- Dive in designated areas only. Starting blocks are to be used for classes only.
- Children under 14 years of age must be under the direct supervision of an adult member and are only allowed at specified times.
- When swimming laps, swimmers are required to stay to the right side of the lane or “circle swim.” The pool is often busy, and you may need to share a lane.
- Lap swim equipment including kickboards and pull bouys are available for lap swimmers and are to be used for the intended purposes.
- Toys available for use can be found on the pool deck and are to be used for their intended purpose only.
- No sitting, standing, or jumping on kickboards or other equipment. Floating equipment including pull buoys, noodles, etc. are to be used for their intended purposes only.
- No horseplay in the pool or on the pool deck. It is up to the lifeguard to decide what is considered safe play.
- Gentile Hall does not lend equipment such as goggles or bathing caps.
- Food, gum, tobacco, and glass bottles beverages are prohibited in the pool area; plastic bottles and water is acceptable.
- All swimmers must wear bathing suits. No cut-offs.
- Long hair must be in a ponytail or bathing cap.
- Swimmers may wear goggles/face mask, if worn appropriately.
- Children may wear Coast Guard approved flotation devices only. No water wings or inner tubes.
- Parents/adults must be in the pool and in direct proximity to children using any flotation device.
- No one may use masks, fins, snorkels or scuba gear without prior permission.
- Any person with open cuts or communicable disease may not use the pool or spa until the condition is healed.
- Toddlers or those at a high risk of fecal accidents must wear swim diapers.
- For safety and security reasons – we ask that cell phone use be limited to first floor lobby and second floor mezzanine. No cell phones in Pool area.
- If coming in groups, we recommend calling in advance for availability of space and scheduling – please check our Rentals page.
- Report any facility relatted injury immediately to the staff on duty.
- Report any facility/equipment irreglarity to the staff on duty.
- DO NOT Spit anywhere in the facility.
- General Facility Rules Poster is located at the front desk.
Gentile Hall reserves the right to revoke privileges for any rule violation.