- All users must follow all facility policies to ensure safety of all patrons. More detailed list of policies is posted in each specific area.
- When Gentile Hall is open, all areas are available for public use (pool & rock wall have specific hours). University functions have first priority. If planning to bring a group - please see our group activity page.
- Memberships, Weekly or Monthly Passes are sold to individuals 18 years of age or older. A parent or legal guardian MUST be a primary member wit the dependent child added to the membership.
- Memberships are non-transferable and non-refundable. Allowing someone to use your card is misrepresentation of membership and is a violation of the terms of the membership. Misuse of the membership card can result in the membership being revoked, not only for the person on the card but for all those on the membership.
- For safety and security reasons, proper membership identification is required for Gentile Hall entry. It is the responsibility of the member to carry his or her membership card. We do not retain cards at Gentile Hall. Please do not use side exits for entering or leaving the facility.
- UMPI Students are required to present their currentGentile Hall validated UMPI ID and sign in and out at the front desk prior to and after use of Gentile Hall facilities.
- Gentile Hall parking lot is located to the north of Gentile Hall. Members using other parking areas will be ticketed.
Gentile Hall "Assumption of Risk & Release" Policy is: All users of Gentile Hall are required to complete Risk & Release forms.
Adults 18 and older may sign their own form.
Minors 17 and younger are required to have a parent or legal guardian's signature on the form. Legal guardian is someone who has papers from a court saying they are the legal guardian, custodian, etc. Examples of who CANNOT SIGN: step-parents, grandparents, adult sibling, in-laws, aunts, uncles, babysitters, friends, etc.
We have several "Risk & Release" forms required with proper signature as follows;
Membership Risk & Release from (white form) - required at the beginning of every membership.
Non-members Day User Risk & Release from (blue form) - required each time a person comes to Gentile Hall.
Rock Wall Risk & Release form ( adult - yellow and child - pink) required one "Risk & Release" per person be on file for the year beginning on 8/31 and ending 8/31 the next year.
- All those under the age of 14 must be directly supervised by an adult 18 years of age or older in specific areas at all times.
- Children 13 and younger are NOT permitted in the fitness center.
- Strollers are NOT allowed on the Running/Walking Track at any time.
- Strollers, baby carriers, or attachable baby carriers are NOT allowed in the fitness center at any time.
- Clean dry, non-marking sneakers are rerquired in Fitness Center, Track, Muylti-purpose Gym, and Rock Wall. Absolutely NO Street Shoes, sandal, stocking or bare feet alllowed at any time in these areas.
- Shirts are required at all times. This is a family oriented facility, please wear appropiate clothing.
- All members must present valid i.d. card & swipe or sign in at the front desk prior to use of any Gentile Hall facilities.
- All belongings should be left in a locker. Lockers are available for free day use only. Patron must provide their own lock. Remove lock and belongings at the end of each day. Locks left overnight are subject to be cut and items removed and disposed off immediately.
- We are not responsible for lost/stolen items.
- Tobacco, food, chewing gum, glass bottles, and cans are NOT allowed in the facility; plastic water bottles are acceptable.
- Alcohol, drugs, and banned substances are not allowed in the facility. Those suspected to be under the influence will be asked to leave.
- Horseplay, loudness, and/or offensive language, are not acceptable.
- As a courtesy to others, please refrain from perfumes/colognes - they may aggravate asthmatic conditions and other respiratory illnesses.
- All areas are available for public use WHEN OPEN - University functions have first priority.
- Absolutely NO street shoes allowed in any of the activity areas. Non-marking sneakers please.
- Please NO photos with any form of electronic device without permission from Gentile Hall staff.
- Please limit cell phone use to the lobby (first floor) and mezzanine (second floor) for safety and privacy.
- Please consult a physician before using any of our recreation facilities and/or equipment and before beginning a workout program.
- Anyone who experiences pain or shortness of breath is asked to discontinue use of equipment or actiivty and seek medical attention immediately.
- The University of Maine at Presque Isle reserves the right to revoke privileges for any rule violation.