How do I make my computer secure?
- Update your operating system with the latest patches every two weeks. Windows updates are available at windowsupdate.microsoft.com or Click start then "windows updates".
- Update your anti-virus software every week and run a complete test.
- Use anti-spyware software such as Spybot or Ad-Aware. Run once a week.
- Do not open email attachments if you do not know what they are or scan before opening.
- Back up important files
- Make sure you have all latest updates and versions of instant messenger programs