"The mission of the Office of Conferences and Special Programs (CSP) at the University of Maine at Presque Isle is to assist in furthering the overall mission of the University in education and community service. CSP acts as the representative agent of the University in planning, developing, implementing and evaluating conferences and special programs that meet the non-academic needs of clients from both the public and private sectors."
The Conferences and Special Programs operation provides you with a centralized system for securing University of Maine at Presque Isle facilities and services for groups and individuals desiring to hold conferences, seminars, meetings, and banquets on campus. Both on and off-campus groups may reserve University's facilities.
Conferences and Special Programs provides the following contract services:
- Attend planning sessions in a consulting capacity
- Assist with promotion and marketing
- Prepare budget, with an option to process receivables and payables
- Prepare event communication with presenters/participants
- Provide database registration services and generate participant lists
- Reserve meeting facilities and audio visual equipment
- Arrange for lodging and food service
- Prepare packets, agendas, equipment, meal tickets, and nametags
- Arrange setup and cleanup
- Coordinate land and air travel
- Coordinate staffing during the actual event
- Arrange day care for children of participants
- Negotiate fees for customized service packages from the above shopping list
- Provide the above contract services for off-campus events as well.