The underlying mission of the Provost’s Council is to ensure that the Vision of the University is most effectively carried out: namely, that UMPI will design with each student a personalized, technologically innovative education and prepare each graduate for a professional career, global contributions, and lifelong learning.
To achieve this mission, the Provost’s Council will:
- inform the Provost and other members of the Provost’s Council about academic and student issues and unit-specific decisions that have University-wide implications;
- ensure that all faculty and staff are an integral part of proficiency based education (PBE);
- ensure that students experience an integrated and transformative PBE learning environment in curricular and co-curricular activities;
- ensure that retention practices are aligned and consistent with the university’s mission and vision;
- discuss and make recommendations on University-wide issues and strategies;
- make recommendations on issues specific to academic and student policy and practice;
- engage in strategic and financial planning to provide students with an excellent academic experience and high quality student services that are consistent with the institution’s mission and vision;
- discuss new programs and initiatives; and
- organize and share annual assessments and plans for each unit.
The Provost's Council will
- oversee the implementation of university-wide decisions related to academic affairs, student affairs, and all areas of student development;
- communicate these decisions fully with the campus community;
- seek agenda items, advice, and counsel from constituents.
Provost's Council members serve at the invitation of Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs and Student Affairs.
- Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs and Students Affairs (chair)
- Dean of Students
- Director of Advising
- Director of Student Support Services
- Director of Library Services
- Director of the Learning Commons and Student Success
- Director of the Houlton Higher Education Center
- Chair of the College of Professional Programs and Education
- Chair of the College of Arts and Sciences
- Director of Institutional Research (or appropriate designee)
- Administrative Assistant (minutes)