PRAXIS tests are taken by those entering the teaching profession as part of the certification process required by many states and professional licensing organizations. In Maine, students must pass these tests to become state certified as teachers.
The Praxis I consists of three sections: Reading, Writing and Math. Each section has its own test code and price when taken separately
- Core Academic Skills for Educators: Reading, test code 5712, $90
- Core Academic Skills for Educators: Writing, test code 5722, $90
- Core Academic Skills for Educators: Math, test code 5732, $90
Another testing option is to take all three sections (Reading, Writing & Math) at once
- Core Academic Skills for Educators: Combined test, test code 5751, $150
The passing scores are calculated individually by section
- Reading: 156
- Writing: 162
- Math: 150
Calculating Your Scores
- A composite score of 468 is accepted as long as no section is more than 3 points below its individually set score requirement.
Study Guide: Praxis: Core Academic Skills for Educators (ISBN: 978-1576859780)
Online Study Material: www.mometrix.com/academy/praxis-test