The Presque Isle Historical Society will be offering various tours throughout the summer. FMI, call 762-1151 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Free presentations on topics of local historical interest, presentations start at 5:30 p.m. in the Conference Rooms at TAMC
- Wednesday, June 7 – Alice Kimball
- Wednesday, September 6 – 136th Radio Detachment
- Narrated city-wide historic tours aboard Molly the Trolley. Tours begin at 9 a.m. at the Historic Fire Station, 11 Church St., and last approximately 3 hours. Tickets are $5 each and reservations are required (minimum 5 reservations required for trolley trip to be “a GO”): June 10, July 8, August 12, and September 9
- Free guided walking tours of historic downtown Presque Isle. The tours begin and end at the Vera Estey House, 16 Third St. at 10 a.m. The tours last approximately two hours and cover two miles. On-street parking is available and reservations are suggested: June 24, July 22, August 26 and September 23.
- Guided walking tours of Historic Fairmont Cemetery. The tours begin at 5:30 p.m. at the Civil War Monument in Fairmont Cemetery on U.S. Rt. 1. Parking is available across the street at the Chamber of Commerce. Tickets are $5 each and reservations are suggested. Hear the history of the cemetery, about its Victorian influences and the stories of some of Presque Isle’s interesting historical figures interred within: June 9, July 7, August 11, and September 8.
- Guided Tours of the 1875 Vera Estey House Museum. The one-hour tour begins at 1 p.m. at 16 Third St. On-street parking is available, tickets are $5 and reservations are suggested as there are limited spots: June 24, July 22, August 26 and September 23.