As a member of the UMPI community, I have a responsibility to myself and others to ensure a safe and healthy campus environment. By persistently following science-based campus health and safety protocols and encouraging others to do the same, and by knowing the signs of COVID-19 and monitoring my symptoms, I can protect myself and my fellow Owls.
To stop the spread of COVID-19, I pledge to:
- Wear face coverings at all times in public spaces and spaces used by multiple people.
- Check for COVID-19 symptoms daily, especially a fever of 100.4 F or higher.
- Wash hands often and for at least 20 seconds each time.
- Maintain 6-foot social distancing.
- Consider getting an annual flu vaccine (this is highly encouraged).
- Stay home when sick and seek proper medical attention.
- Participate in testing, contact tracing, and self-quarantine if asked to do so.
- Hold others accountable in a kind and helpful manner.
I am committed to doing everything I can to keep myself and others safe and COVID-free.