English Faculty at the University of Maine at Presque Isle offer an array of courses unusually wide for a department of our size, regularly teaching classes in Journalism, Creative Writing, Film, Composition, and Professional Writing along with American, British, and World Literature, and Literary Theory.
No matter your professional goals, if you're looking for individualized attention from a faculty dedicated to excellence in teaching, writing, journalism, and the study of literature and cinema, the English Department at the University of Maine at Presque Isle is the right first step.
In and out of the classroom, department members seek to meet the unique learning needs of each student. Whether you intend to go on to graduate school or begin your career upon graduation, we will work hard to ensure that you are prepared to succeed.
Whether you wish to become a poet, pastor, or politician, an editor, journalist, or teacher, our students are made aware of the ways in which language shapes our lives, becoming capable of interpreting and responding to the texts they encounter and prepared to communicate clearly, convincingly, and compellingly. In these ways, our students become active shapers of knowledge and their world. Master these skills at the University of Maine at Presque Isle, and you will find yourself prized by employers in almost any field.
- English, BA - General Concentration (available both on-line and on-site)
- English, BA - Film Studies Concentration
- English, BA - Professional Communication and Journalism
- English, BA - Writing Concentration
- Secondary Education - English, BS
- Professional Communication and Journalism, AA
- Minor Programs: English, Film Studies, Philosophy, Professional Communication