We have designed our application process to be as straight-forward and simple as possible. Please use the checklists below to help guide you through the process. U.S. Students – 2 or 3 simple steps:
- First-Time Students- provide official high school transcript or GED and a letter of recommendation from either a teacher or school counselor.
- Transfer Students- provide official transcripts from all colleges and universities you’ve attended. (If you do not have 60 earned and transferable credits, you must also provide your high school transcripts.)
International Students – 5 simple steps:
- Complete the Common App.
- Provide high school and college transcripts to (World Educational Services-WES) for evaluation.
- Complete an essay.
- Provide a letter of recommendation from a teacher or school counselor.
- Take TOEFL exam in home country. A minimum score of 197 computer-based/530 paper-based, and 71 internet-based is required in order to be considered for admission. Students may be admitted with a TOEFL lower than 530 if acceptable proficiency in English can be demonstrated. UMPI also accepts IELTS with a score of 6.0. Students who come from English-speaking countries can have this requirement waived.
Teacher Certification – 3 simple steps:
- Submit the UMaine System Application.
- Provide official copies of transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- Send 2 letters of recommendation.
YourPace Students – 1 simple step:
- For Bachelor’s degree programs, visit online.umpi.edu and choose Apply Now.
- For the Master’s degree program, visit our Master’s of Arts in Organizational Leadership page, and choose Apply Now.
181 Main St
Presque Isle ME 04769
Once you have submitted your completed application, we may request additional materials such as an essay or request that you come to an interview.