Portfolio Assessment Policy
- Students must be matriculated into an Associate or Bachelor’s degree program to be eligible for Prior Learning Assessment. Non-degree students and students enrolled in certificate programs of fewer than 30 credits must receive permission from the dean of the college(s) responsible for assessing the portfolio.
- Students must utilize test options such as CLEP, DANTES or Challenge Exams whenever available. When no test option is available, students may request Portfolio Assessment (see below for details) of their prior learning experience.
- Students in Associate degree programs may earn a maximum of 15 credits through all types of Prior Learning Assessment, including portfolio assessment. Students in Bachelor’s degree programs may earn a maximum of 30 credits. In other words, the combination of all forms of Prior Learning Assessment cannot exceed a total of 15 credits for an Associate’s degree or 30 credits for a Bachelor’s degree.
- Credit hours earned through portfolio assessment do not count toward residency.
- The fee for Portfolio Assessment is $50 per credit hour. This covers processing and assessment costs. No refunds are given for credits not awarded.