We’re glad that you’re interested in the University of Maine at Presque Isle! We want to make sure you have all the information you need to study in the United States, specifically at the University of Maine at Presque Isle. To start the application process, please follow the checklist below.
- Fill out the online system application
- Submit a letter of reference and an essay.
- Essay: You may write about any topic you would like--why you want to attend UMPI, why you have chosen a certain major, why you love your pet. ANYTHING! But, please... write about something you are PASSIONATE about and be sure to PROOFREAD before submitting!
- Letter of Reference: This may be from a teacher or guidance counselor.
- $40 non-refundable fee. Fill out the online system application and use a credit card to pay online OR mail us a check OR pay over the phone with a credit card at 207-768-9533.
- Forward official high school transcripts or G.E.D.
- After the review of your application, the Admissions Office may also need additional materials (another letter of reference, writing sample, etc.) or may request an inteview.