The Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Education Program at UMPI is for students who have earned a bachelor's degree in another area but would like to become a teacher. We offer certification in Elementary Education, Secondary Education, Physical Education, and French. To start the application process for the University of Maine at Presque Isle's Teacher Education Program, please follow the checklist below.
- Submit an application. Please fill out this application, sign, and mail, fax, or scan it and email it to us.
University of Maine at Presque Isle
181 Main Street
Presque Isle, ME 04769
- $40 non-refundable fee. Pay over the phone with a credit card at 207-768-9533, mail or drop off.
- Submit 2 letters of recommendation. One must verify that you have a minimum of 50 hours experience working with children
- Forward official transcripts from all universities you’ve attended
- Click here to request more information about UMPI
Note for Canadian students:
The Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Education program at UMPI has certified thousands of Canadian students. We offer elementary education for teaching grades K-8. We also offer secondary education in Math/Science/English/or Social Studies for teaching grades 7-12 as well as Physical Education, French or Art for grades K-12.