Degree Completion Plans Our Agricultural Science program serves students and working professionals by educating them in current agricultural practices while supporting the development and adoption of research-based approaches to improve agricultural practices.
What sets us apart? Simply put: hands-on learning experience.
Our hands-on approach means that you will spend as much time in the lab, field, or greenhouse as in the classroom. Here’s how we do it:
- We leverage our connections to the local agricultural research and business community to solve real agricultural issues.
- UMPI is in the center of Maine’s production agriculture sector.
- Our campus resources include 60 acres of farmland, a soil science lab, a plant biology lab, research labs, and a new (Planned Summer 2019) 30×80 teaching and research greenhouse.
- We collaborate with local farmers, agribusinesses, Aroostook Research Farm, Maine Sustainable Agriculture Society, Maine Potato Board, among others.
- We have paid student research positions during the academic year, and research assistantships and internships during the summer
Degree Completion Plan
If you’re interested in exploring a degree in Environmental Science with a focus in Agriculture, check out our Environmental Science and Sustainability degree with a Sustainable Agriculture concentration.