First, thank you all for your patience and cooperation during this uncertain time related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
The current situation is rapidly evolving and guidance changing as we learn more and discover new areas of concern. Rest assured that the Health Service is monitoring the situation closely and following the guidance provided by the US and Maine CDC to help mitigate the spread of the virus. Advice has been sent to the campus for prevention and self-care during this last month and I feel that it is important to repeat the information again. If you are experiencing any of the symptoms of the flu or COVID-19, please call the Health Service at 207-768-9586 for further guidance. The Health Service is available to answer questions via email and to take calls. Please call the Health Service if you have any medical questions or concerns regarding recent travel.
Testing for the Coronavirus is not available at the College Health Service. Telephoning the local hospital is the first step you should take if you believe it is important for you to be tested. Always call the hospital before you go to the facility for a test. If you are unable to access care please do not hesitate to call the Health Service for assistance.
The following are a few FAQ to help you better understand COVID-19:
What are the symptoms of Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)?
- Dry cough
- Sore throat
- Extreme tiredness
- Extreme body aches
What actions should you take to prevent and protect yourself?
- Stop the spread of germs by covering coughs and sneezes
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer
- Clean frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Avoid large crowds
- Be prepared and informed
What should you do if you think you have Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)?
- Avoid contact with others and stay home when sick
- Rest and drink lots of fluid
- If you have chronic illness and are at high risk, you should call your health care provider for advice
- Seek medical care if you have difficulty breathing or shortness of breath.
- Get tested if you have signs and symptoms. Please remember to call the hospital before you go
For more information, please visit the Maine CDC Coronavirus Guidance webpage at http://www.maine.gov/dhhs/coronavirus.