Definition of Engaged Learning
What is Engaged-Learning?
- Engaged-Learning is an educational strategy in which either part or all of the class objectives are learned by working on projects with a community partner.
- Engaged-Learning is a type of education that put classroom skills and knowledge into practice while serving your community.
- Engaged-Learning combines civic involvement with academic coursework in a way that benefits both the student and the community.
- Engaged-Learning provides an arena where students work in a professional capacity with community members, their peers and the instructor of their course.
- Engaged-Learning relies heavily on team-work and the skills that promote effective team-building.