- Established in 1903, the University of Maine at Presque Isle began as a school for teacher education, a program that remains popular to this day.
- The University has 28 liberal arts and professional programs, each wrapped around our core value of adventurous learning.
- The campus sits on 150 acres on the outskirts of northern Maine's largest city.
- The student body is over 1,500, around 70% of which receive financial aid.
- The University, one of seven in the University of Maine System, is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, and several individual programs have earned state and national accreditation as well.
- The average class size is 20, and the faculty to student ratio is 18 to 1.
- There are four co-ed residence halls that house 362 students.
- The Athletic Department oversees 12 intercollegiate athletic teams affiliated with NCAA, Division III, and NAIA.