See Program Requirements So you’ve always wanted to be a teacher? Whether your aim is to prepare the next generation of young people for success or to share your love of learning with children, our Education degrees will help you to achieve your goals. The University offers a Bachelor of Science degree in Elementary Education (K-8), Secondary Education (7-12), and Physical Education (K-12), all of which include an in-depth Student Teaching and Field Experience. The programs are undergirded by the beliefs and values our faculty hold about teaching and teacher preparation, which are articulated in our Conceptual Framework. The University’s Education programs are approved by the Maine Department of Education, and our Education faculty members prepare our teacher candidates to meet Maine Common Core Teacher Standards and the Maine Learning Results.
Already have a college degree? There’s a Post-baccalaureate route to each of the programs that is designed for those who hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited university but seek initial teacher certification. Post-baccalaureate teacher candidates range from individuals who have no experience in teaching to those who have experience as teacher aides, tutors, or paraprofessionals.
- Elementary Education, BS – Art Concentration
- Elementary Education, BS – Early Childhood Education Concentration
- Elementary Education, BS – English Concentration
- Elementary Education, BS – Mathematics Concentration
- Elementary Education, BS – Science Concentration
- Elementary Education, BS – Social Studies Concentration
- Elementary Education, BS – Special Education Concentration
- Secondary Education – Biology, BS
- Secondary Education – English, BS
- Secondary Education – Mathematics, BS
- Secondary Education – Social Studies, BS
- Physical Education – Teaching, BS
- Special Education Paraprofessional, AA
- Minor Programs: Educational Studies