The 4,000 square foot fitness center contains over $100,000 in equipment consisting of cardio machines, resistance machines, and free weights. If you're looking for a different type of excercise the running track offers three lanes for foot traffic, and the 13,000 square foot multipurpose gym can be used for a variety of different sports.
Please call the Gentile Hall front desk at 768-9772 for more information.
Hours - Multi-Purpose Gym/Fitness Center/Track
Effective May 26
|Monday through Thursday||6:00 a.m.-8:30 p.m.|
|Friday||6:00 a.m.- 8:00 p.m.|
|Saturday||7:30 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.|
10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Effective - Tuesday, September 4
|Monday through Thursday||6:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m.|
|Friday||6:00 a.m.- 9:00 p.m.|
|Saturday||7:30 a.m.- 9:00 p.m.|
10:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m.
Check Pool & Rock Wall link for their specific hours!
A new website has been created by a University of Maine at Presque Isle student and is available as an educatoional resource for Gentile Hall members. The website is full of information on working out and living a healthy lifestyle. There are 6 different workouts to choose from. So whoever you are, whatever your goal, you will find a workout that is right for you.
Take your first step today at:
Fitness Center Guidelines
- All users of the Fitness Center will be required to sign an Assumption of Risk & Release Waiver.
- Children 13 & younger are NOT permitted in the Fitness Center.Please
- NO Food, Gum, or Beverages in the Fitness Center. Water is allowed.
- Show respect for equipment and facility at all times. Do not DROP or THROW weights.
- Keep equipment off the floor and return it to its' proper rack when use is completed.
- Utilize Spotters and locks when necessary (e.g. for overhead lifts, squats, bench presses, and platform lifts.)
- Observe weight room etiquette and demonstrate courtesy towards others in the room at all times.
- The on-duty supervisor has the authority over all room conduct and use of equipment. This includes the sound system.
- Immediately report any facility related injury or facility/equipment irregularity to the supervisor on duty.
- Do Not Spit anywhere in the facility. Proper foot wear is required.
- We ask that you make use of the disinfectant solution that is available before & after using equipment.
- Remember that the student staff is just trying to do their job. Be considerate.
Multi-Purpose Gym Guidelines
- The gym is available for informal drop-in use when scheduled classes or club functions are not in session.
- Courts are prioritized for informal recreation in sports of basketball, badminton, volleyball, and soccer.
- Although the facility presents the option for a variety of activities - those allowed will be determined by flow of traffic.
- Members presenting their valid membership may check out equipment at the Front Desk.
- The individual signing out the equipment is responsible for returning equipment and will be charged for damaged equipment.
- Borrowed equipment may not leave the building.
- NO HARD BALL activity allowed - i.e. baseball, softball, field hockey, etc. If you are not sure - PLEASE ASK.
- NO GUM, FOOD OR BEVERAGES ALLOWED.
- PLEASE NO BLACK SOLED SHOES.
- Staff has the authority to terminate any activity deemed unsafe.
- DO NOT LOWER Baskets without permission.
Walking/Running Track Guidelines
- For safety reasons, please DO NOT Stop while on the Track. If you need to rest, please do so in one of the corner areas.
- Walls and railings are NOT to be used as stretching aids.
- Corner areas may be used for stretching.
- Proper, clean footwear with rubber soles are required on the Track.
- NO food or drink on the Track.
- DO NOT carry anything that may obstruct another walker/runner or injure another patron.
- Use caution when entering and exiting the Track.
- Walk/Run only in the direction of the posted direction.
- Walkers use the inside lane. Walk no more than two abreast.
- Runners use middle lane and pass on the outside lane. PLEASE NO Sprinting.
- Strollers, carriages, in-skates, etc. are not allowed on the Track.