Limit 1 per Lane, immediate family members
may share a lane.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a lane – requests will be taken by email time stamp.
Please check back weekly for updates to our schedule.
**We will begin our swim lessons and aquatics exercise programs when the University deems safe to do so.
**Please note: Must provide proof of vaccination upon first visit or negative test within past 72 hours.
Masks will optional for fully vaccinated individuals
beginning July 26.
Masks will remain required in campus building for those
NOT fully vaccinated.
Our indoor swimming facility features a 25-yard pool ranging from 3.5 feet to 10 feet in depth,with a constant 84 degrees for water and 84 degrees for air. Both a handicapped accessible chair with lift and a friendly entrance of graduated stairs into the pool provides ease of access for both children and older adults. Whether you’re looking to swim laps or just take a dip to cool off, we can accommodate! For your safety and assistance, a lifeguard is always on duty when the pool is open.
Click here for a view of our WeeklyPoolSchedule
|Week of July 26-30, 2021|
University Programs have Priority.
Pool Rules and Regulations
- All staff members must work to enforce the following rules and regulations in order to uphold the highest standards for safety, comfort and cleanliness of our patrons.
- All users of the Gentile Hall are required to sign an Assumption of Risk & Release Waiver.
- Please consult a physician before using any of our recreation facilities and/or equipment, and before beginning a workout program.
- Anyone who experiences pain or shortness of breath is asked to discontinue use of equipment or facility and seek medical attention immediately.
- Absolutely no street shoes on the pool deck. Flip-flops and deck shoes used strictly for this purpose are permitted.
- NO holding breath games or underwater lap swimming.
- No running on the pool deck.
- In accordance with Maine state law, a cleansing shower must be taken before entering the pool.
- Dive in designated areas only. Starting blocks are to be used for classes only.
- Children under 14 years of age must be under the direct supervision of an adult member and are only allowed at specified times.
- When swimming laps, swimmers are required to stay to the right side of the lane or “circle swim.” The pool is often busy, and you may need to share a lane.
- Lap swim equipment including kickboards and pull buoys are available for lap swimmers and are to be used for the intended purposes.
- Toys available for use can be found on the pool deck and are to be used for their intended purpose only.
- No sitting, standing, or jumping on kickboards or other equipment. Floating equipment including pull buoys, noodles, etc. are to be used for their intended purposes only.
- No horseplay in the pool or on the pool deck. It is up to the lifeguard to decide what is considered safe play.
- Gentile Hall does not lend equipment such as goggles or bathing caps.
- Food, gum, tobacco, and glass bottles beverages are prohibited in the pool area; plastic bottles and water is acceptable.
- All swimmers must wear bathing suits. No cut-offs.
- Long hair must be in a ponytail or bathing cap.
- Swimmers may wear goggles/face mask, if worn appropriately.
- Children may wear Coast Guard approved flotation devices only. No water wings or inner tubes.
- Parents/adults must be in the pool and in direct proximity to children using any flotation device.
- No one may use masks, fins, snorkels or scuba gear without prior permission.
- Any person with open cuts or communicable disease may not use the pool or spa until the condition is healed.
- Toddlers or those at a high risk of fecal accidents must wear swim diapers.
- For safety and security reasons – we ask that cell phone use be limited to first floor lobby and second floor mezzanine. No cell phones in Pool area.
- If coming in groups, we recommend calling in advance for availability of space and scheduling – please check our Rentals page.
- Report any facility related injury immediately to the staff on duty.
- Report any facility/equipment irregularity to the staff on duty.
- DO NOT Spit anywhere in the facility.
- General Facility Rules Poster is located at the front desk.
Gentile Hall reserves the right to revoke privileges for any rule violation.