Conferences and Special Programs provides the following contract services:
- Attend planning sessions in a consulting capacity
- Assist with promotion and marketing
- Prepare budget, with an option to process receivables and payables
- Prepare event communication with presenters/participants
- Provide database registration services and generate participant lists
- Reserve meeting facilities and audio visual equipment
- Arrange for lodging and food service
- Prepare packets, agendas, equipment, meal tickets, and nametags
- Arrange setup and cleanup
- Coordinate land and air travel
- Coordinate staffing during the actual event
- Arrange day care for children of participants
- Negotiate fees for customized service packages from the above shopping list
- Provide the above contract services for off-campus events as well.
Considerations when planning your event:
- How many people are going to be attending?
- How many rooms will you need?
- What is your budget?
- What are the exact times you want your refreshments/food served to your guests?
- Will your meal be served, sit down, buffet, or hors d’oeuvres?
- Do you have any special dietary considerations?
- What other activities will take place in the dining area? (i.e., presentations, speeches, dancing, et cetera)
NOTE: A food service guarantee number must be provided at least 14 days prior to your event. Reserve campus facilities and food service by contacting: Lydia Kieffer-Till Food service broker (768-9502) or Lisa Udasco (768-9558)
Audio Visual and Technical Support
The audio-visual equipment available for your meetings include flipcharts and easels, VCR/DVD, computer, microphone and podium, LCD projector, screen, voice and data lines.
Should your event require other equipment, we can rent that for you. Should you request technical support during your meeting, complex sound systems, video recording, satellite down links, video projector may be reserved and involve rental fees.
The equipment is for use in the campus facilities; Contact Conferences and Special Programs at 768-9558 to make arrangements for non-academic resources.