The John Haley Service Excellence Award, formerly known as the Excellence, Every Day! Award, was established to honor a campus community member who embodies the UMPI Service Promise: “Excellence, Every Day!” and exemplifies the University’s core values of being Supportive, Ethical, Responsive, Visionary, Innovative, Collaborative, and Equitable. It was renamed in 2021 in honor of John Haley, English Instructor and Director of University Experience, who passed away in September 2020. Haley was known for his commitment to campus and the time he took to connect with others, provide support, and help meet individual needs. This award is presented during the annual Employee Recognition event in May.
- 2022 – Susan White, Director of Admissions
- 2021 – Dr. Chunzeng Wang, Professor of Earth and Environmental Sciences
- 2020 – No award presented this year
- 2019 – Pam Easler, Administrative Specialist in the College of Arts and Sciences
- 2018 – Joe Moir, Director of Facilities Management