Your Journey. YourPace.
Looking for a graduate degree program that’s both affordable and designed to meet the needs of working professionals like you? Then read on to learn more about UMPI’s Master’s of Arts in Organizational Leadership degree (MAOL). Like all of our YourPace degree programs, our MAOL is built around competency-based learning, so you work at your own pace to master competencies and advance through coursework–the faster you prove your knowledge, the faster you move ahead and the more you save. All coursework is online and asynchronous and there are six start dates per year. You could earn your Master’s degree in as soon as 1 year for $12,000 or less and there’s no fee to apply!
Discover the benefits of personalized online learning at UMPI
100% online coursework
Take your courses when and where you want with 24/7 access to our digital platform. All your study materials are embedded in the modules, so you can leave the heavy books behind.
You pay a flat rate of $2,000 per 8-week session—no matter how many courses you finish each session. Plus, there are no hidden fees or textbook costs. Earn your Master’s degree in as soon as 1 year for $12,000 or less!
With no weekly deadlines and 6 session starts a year, you can study when it’s convenient for you, at your speed. The faster you complete your course modules, the more time and money you save.
UMPI regularly meets with employers in each sector to learn what skills they are looking for in current and new hires to ensure what you learn is relevant to workforce needs.
Designed to give you a wealth of opportunities to apply real-world problem solving, our curriculum is aligned with competencies that focus on 21st century skills and expertise employers seek.
We’re with you from start to finish. Stay on track with a Success Coach who will help you achieve your academic goals throughout your journey.
What is a Master’s of Arts in Organizational Leadership?
The UMPI Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership program will provide a transformational learning experience that develops resilient leaders with the creativity and innovation needed to construct purposeful and sustained change in today’s evolving world.
The program explores a multidisciplinary, organizational approach to leadership stressing social responsibility and ethics, creativity and innovation, diversity and global mindset, dynamic communication and visioning, and most importantly, the value of the individual. The cornerstones of the program focus on self and authentic leadership, transformational and transactional leadership, and critical thinking and data analysis which prepare students to lead organizations. MAOL students will expand their knowledge of leadership through interdisciplinary/collaborative research, and by discovering and pursuing a topic of scholarly inquiry and research while completing their capstone thesis project.
As a graduate of the program, you will:
- Evaluate organizational dynamics in the areas of structure, behavior, culture, and their implications for leadership at various levels in order to develop an understanding of change processes and be able to think critically about obstacles to change.
- Apply communication theory in order to effect appropriate change in a variety of leadership settings, as evidenced by expanded self-knowledge, emotional intelligence, team-behavior, cultural awareness, and systems thinking.
- Apply systemic and sustainable solutions to complex business problems using critical thinking and applied through organizational studies and leadership conceptual frameworks and theories, particularly those exhibiting knowledge of diverse cultures, cross-cultural communication, the dynamics of privilege and oppression, and the uses of power between groups.
- Apply adaptive leadership and entrepreneurial thinking and innovative practices to strategically navigate the complex demand of organizational environments in order to respond positively and effectively to problems in unfamiliar contexts, applying creative ideas, methods, and ways of thinking.
- Analyze and model humanitarian values, such as being committed to social justice, engaging in social responsibility, responding to controversy with civility, and serving as positive social change agents.
- Evaluate moral challenges facing leaders in organizations through application of a meaningful framework for ethical development and socially responsible leadership, within the context of a changing global environment.
Why a Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership?
UMPI’s Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership program develops resilient leaders with the creativity and innovation needed to construct purposeful and sustained change in today’s evolving world. It will prepare you for career opportunities in any field. You will learn and develop a broad range of leadership skills that are necessary in any industry. Open doors in numerous fields ranging from Education to HealthCare to Business and beyond.
The increase in management level employment that will consider a Master’s as the terminal degree for a position. (According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics)
Organizational Leadership’s ranking in the top 30 most in-demand Master’s programs in New England.
The increase nationally in Organizational Leadership online degree awards for adult learners in the last five years. (According to Ruffalo Noel Levitz)
What is YourPace
YourPace is a personalized learning model developed by faculty who understand the challenges busy adults face when balancing work, family, and school. Delivered on a digital platform, our competency-based online courses are designed to leverage your previous knowledge and experience as you complete course modules aligned with a list of competencies. You advance to the next course module by demonstrating your mastery of the content—giving you the ability to earn your degree on your time, at your pace.
We’ve streamlined the admission process so it’s easy for you to get started. Here is the information you need to apply:
Application fee: Waived for all applicants.
Transcripts: An official transcript from the college or university that issued your bachelor’s degree is required. A transcript is official when sent directly from the institution. If the issuing institution is one of the seven campuses of the University of Maine System, we are able to access the information, so you do not need to provide a transcript. The transcript must demonstrate completion of a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college and a competitive GPA. A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or a “B” average is expected. Candidates with less than a 3.0 GPA will be considered on a case by case basis.
For GPAs of 3.0 or higher: In addition to your official transcript, you must provide one letter of recommendation which speaks to your character, work ethic/professionalism, problem-solving abilities, and potential to be successful in a graduate program. Applicants will be asked to provide the name and email address for each reference when completing the application. You will also have the option to upload the letter of recommendation at the bottom of the application.
For GPAs under 3:0:
- In addition to your official transcript, you must provide two letters of recommendation which speak to your character, work ethic/professionalism, problem-solving abilities, and potential to be successful in a graduate program. Applicants will be asked to provide the name and email address for each reference when completing the application.
- A resume or CV that outlines professional and community involvement, and any other experiences that would demonstrate preparedness for advanced study. You will also have the option to upload the letter of recommendation(s) and resume/CV at the bottom of the application.
Six credits of appropriate graduate-level coursework may be transferred from an accredited institution, if the grades earned in such course work are “B” or better, and an official transcript received.
Tuition & Financial Aid
$2,000 Flat-rate tuition per session – no course limit
Financial aid will not be available until 2021.
Our innovative online courses feature 6 entry points throughout the year to get started, with accelerated, 8-week sessions. Unlike traditional degree plans that require you to stick to a rigid schedule, UMPI YourPace online courses are designed to measure your progress, not time. Our personalized, competency-based learning model empowers you to complete course modules at your pace and move on to the next in the same session. Customize your workload and earn credits faster to fit your needs and busy schedule.
UMPI YourPace Online MAOL Program Advantages
$2,000 flat-rate tuition per session—no course limit
6 sessions a year—advance at your pace
Save money, finish faster—in as few as 12 months*
- 100% online
24/7 access to coursework and resources
2021 Session Start Dates
- January 19, 2021
- March 15, 2021
- May 10, 2021
- July 6,2021
- August 30, 2021
- October 25,2021