The Business Management Major, General Concentration is designed to give students maximum flexibility in their careers. General management students are exposed to all the business functions such as marketing, finance, human resource management, production/operation, and management information systems. Since most professionals change jobs (and employers) many times during their careers, "generalist" skills allow a manager to adapt to rapid changes in a technologically dynamic global marketplace. General Management prepares students to enter professional management training programs in banks, retail store chains, manufacturers, telemarketers, insurance companies, hospitals, governmental agencies, and many other organizations. This concentration is also the correct choice for students who plan to own a business someday: general management students have the opportunity to develop their small business management and entrepreneurial skills.
The management information systems (MIS) program teaches students to understand the value of information resources to organizations and to managers. Students are prepared to analyze the information needs of individuals and organizations, and to evaluate and manage information systems that meet specific needs. The MIS concentration includes hands-on computer classes to provide students with practical experience and general business courses to provide the graduates with a broad-based education that enables them to lead the technology initiatives of tomorrow.
- Business Administration, BA - Accounting Concentration
- Business Administration, BA - Management & Leadership Concentration
- Business Administration, BA - Project Management & Information Systems Concentration
- Business Administration, BA - Recreation Concentration
- Minors: Accounting, Business Administration, Management, Management Information Systems, Project Management, Recreation/Leisure