As mentioned in previous editions of the Owls of a Feather newsletter, UMPI is currently undergoing updates to our printed and digital alumni directories. The last printed directory was completed in 2013 using the same vendor, PCI, that is working with us to complete the updated directory. We have been receiving some questions about the process, and have gathered them here (below) along with answers for you as a quick reference.
Two common questions:
Is my information safe?
Yes, PCI is contractually bound by our data privacy policies.
Do I have to purchase anything?
PCI provides this service to UMPI for no cost and uses directory and item sales to cover their costs. You do not need to purchase anything to participate.
We welcome your feedback as we evaluate how we conduct directory updates in the future.
Craig Cormier ’06
University of Maine at Presque Isle
Director of Alumni Relations
and Annual Giving
Alumni Verification frequently asked questions
I received an email/postcard/phone call from a company asking for my personal information. They said they were working on a directory for University of Maine at Presque Isle. Is this a legitimate project, or is it a scam?
We have partnered with PCI (also known as Publishing Concepts) to produce our new alumni directory. PCI is a company located in Dallas, TX that publishes directories for educational institutions, fraternities, sororities, and military organizations across the nation. This project allows University of Maine at Presque Isle to receive important updates to our database so we know more about our alumni and how we can better serve you and future alumni.
Does University of Maine at Presque Isle benefit from this at all?
Yes, in a few different ways:
- Updated Information – Allows us to effectively communicate with and engage alumni
- Career reporting – Allows us to report on the fields our alumni work in for various college ranking reports
- Legacy – Preserves the history of our school
How do I know my information will only be used for directory purposes?University of Maine at Presque Isle has a contractual agreement with PCI that states:
- The names, addresses and information provided to PCI by University of Maine at Presque Isle for the publication of the Directory will be held confidential by PCI, except to the extent that they are utilized in, or in the preparation of, the Directory and except as required by court order or law.
- The Directory will be made available only to alumni of University of Maine at Presque Isle. Upon completion of the project, PCI will return to University of Maine at Presque Isle any and all electronic files that have been supplied by University of Maine at Presque Isle or produced by PCI in connection with the production of the Directory.
I would like to verify and update my information. How may I do this?
If you have received a postcard or an email with a telephone number, you may call the number to speak with a dedicated representative for the University of Maine at Presque Isle project. The representative will verify all the information we have on file for you and make any updates where needed.
If you have received an email with an embedded link, you may go to the online site to review your information. If you have questions, you may call PCI’s customer service desk at 1.800.982.1590.
Can anyone purchase a directory?
The University of Maine at Presque Isle Alumni Directory is available for sale only to University of Maine at Presque Isle alumni.
Can I choose some or all of my information not to be printed in the directory?
When you call to update your information, you can tell the representative what information you prefer to have excluded. You may also communicate this information to the PCI customer service desk at 1.800.982.1590 or to the Alumni Office directly (email@example.com).
I ordered a directory/package over the phone and would like to cancel my order. How do I do this?
Call the PCI customer service help desk at 1.800.982.1590 and they will take care of this for you.