Applying to college can feel overwhelming, but it’s also one of the most important life decisions you’ll make. Use our checklist below to be sure you’ve completed all the necessary steps to apply to UMPI.
- Fill out the online system application
- Submit a letter of reference and an essay.
- Essay: You may write about any topic you would like- Why you want to attend UMPI? Why you have chosen a certain major? Why you love your pet? ANYTHING! But, Please....Write about something you are PASSIONATE about and be sure to PROOF READ before submitting!
- Letter of Reference: This may be from a teacher or guidance counselor.
- $40 non-refundable fee. Fill out the online system application and use a credit card to pay online OR mail us a check OR pay over the phone with a credit card at 207-768-9533.
Forward official high school transcripts or G.E.D.
- After the review of your application, the admissions office may also need additional materials (an additional letter of reference, writing sample, etc.) or may request an inteview.