You've made the decision to transfer to UMPI. Now you just have a few more steps to take and you can begin registering for classes.

  • Pay Tuition Deposit
  • Submit Immunization Records
  • Take Placement tests (if required)
  • Fill Out FAFSA Form
  • Activate UMPI Email and MaineStreet Portal
  • Submit Final College Transcript
  • Recieve an Official Transcript Analysis
  • Register For Classes
  • Submit Housing Contract
Pay Tuition Deposit

After being accepted you are required to pay a $50 tuition deposit. This will hold your place in the upcoming classes and is a MUST before registering for classes. Payments can be made online, through the MaineStreet Student Services Center, mailed to the Admissions Office, or paid by phone with your Visa, MasterCard or Discover credit card (207.768.9532). The deposit will be credited to the first semester bill. Deposits are refundable before May 1.

Submit Immunization Records

You must submit a photocopy of your immunization records. Mail them in, drop them off, or fax them to 207.768.9777. Registration cannot be completed until your records have been verified by the Health Office.

According to Maine State Law, students enrolled in a degree program, full or part-time, need to show proof of immunization. To be compliant with State of Maine Immunization Laws, you need to have received two MMRs (Measles, Mumps and Rubella), the first being AFTER your first birthday, AND have a TD (Tetanus/Diptheria) within the past 10 years.

Placement Tests

All students who have no record of college level coursework in reading, writing and math must take placement tests in these areas before regisering for classes. Students with SAT scores of 500 or higher in critical reading will be exempt from the reading and writiig tests; scores of 500 or higher in math exempts students from the math test.

You may take your placement tests at UMPI or at a nearby high school, community college, university or satellite campus that agrees to proctor the test.  To make arrangements to take your placement test, please contact Kathryn Higgins at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Fill Out The FAFSA Form

It's normal to worry about how you're going to pay for college. Did you know that the Federal Government offers financial assistance to eligible college students? If you qualify, there are a variety of programs available to help you pay for your college education, such as: grants, work study, loans, merit awards and scholarships. To fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA), go to and click on the "Start Here" button. If you have any questions about financial aid at UMPI, call the financial aid office at 207-768-9510 or send an email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Activate UMPI Email and MaineStreet Portal

If you haven't already, you'll need to activate your email account. You'll use the MaineStreet Portal to receive important information about financial aid, campus housing, registration, billing and student services and to update your personal information. If you did not activate your UMS accounts when you applied, you'll have to activate it now by following the instructions that were included in your "Thank you for Applying" letter.

Questions? Can't find the letter? Log in not working? Call the Computer Help Desk at 207-768-9626.

Receive an Official Transcript Analysis

Once Official Transcripts are received, the Office of Student Records performs a Transcript Analysis to determine what previous course work will transfer into the University of Maine at Presque Isle.  Once this anaylsis has been completed, you will receive a Transfer Credit Summary Report in the mail,  as well as being able to view it in your MaineStreet Student Center under Transfer Credit Report. For questions regarding your Transcript Analysis, please contact Kathy Davis at 207.768.9581.

Submit Final College Transcripts

The University of Maine at Presque Isle must receive final college transcripts, including your date of graduation. Major changes in academic performance may result in a withdrawal of our offer of admission.

Register for Classes

“Steps to Register” will be mailed to you. Please be sure to watch your mailbox for this important information.

Housing Contract

If you plan to live on campus and/or buy a meal plan, you'll need to fill out the forms that were included in your acceptance packet. They can also be found on the Residence Life Site. Room assignment is based on the date the application is received, so we suggest that students submit their housing application before May 31st. If you have any questions, check out the Residence Life section of our website, or call Jannie Durr, Assistant Director of Residence Life, at 207-768-9706.