The decision to go to college can be hard. Whether you’re going to college for the first time or making the decision to come back, we want to make this as easy as we can for you.
- Submit your application - Fill out the online system application or download this simplified version of the application, fill in the boxes then print it, sign it, and mail, fax or scan it to us.
University of Maine at Presque Isle
181 Main Street
Presque Isle, ME 04769
- $40 non-refundable fee. Mail us a check, pay over the phone by credit card at 207.768.9533, or, if you are filling out the online system application, use a credit card to pay online.
- Have your official high school transcripts or G.E.D. sent to the Admissions Office.
- Submit previous transcripts. As veterans, the University of Maine at Presque Isle must receive official transcripts from ALL your previous colleges, including military and DD-214 as well. After you have been accepted, a transcript analysis will be done to determine what courses will transfer into your program of choice at UMPI.
- If you are transferring from another college, you should fill out the Transfer application and a Request for Change of Program or Place of Training (Veterans VA Form 22-1995: dependents VA Form 22-5495), for which you can contact our VA School Certifying Official (207-768-9540).
- If you have not applied for your veteran education benefits, you should do so now. To apply go to: http://www.gibill.va.gov/apply-for-benefits/application/
When you receive your Certificate of Eligibility (letter), you must submit a copy to UMPI’s VA School Certifying Official in the Office of Student Records, Preble Hall.
- After review of your application, the Admissions Office may also need letters of recommendation and a brief essay.