It is important to contact your future roommate before you decide what to bring to school. You will receive your future roommate’s contact information when you are sent your housing placement. Having two TV’s or two stereos in your room may make it a bit cramped. Listed below are a few of the things you may want to consider bringing with you to school.
The items listed below are things that each student should bring
- Alarm Clock
- Computer or other electronic devices
- Cellular phone
- Bathing Supplies (towels, wash cloths, soap, shampoo, shower shoes, etc.) and a bucket to carry these things in.
- Bathrobe or something to wear to and from the shower.
- Bed linens and a mattress cover (long twin size sheets).
- Bike and Lock (optional)
- Clothes (Cooler clothing for September, October, April and May. Warmer clothing for October through April)
- Coffee Mug/cups
- Desk lamp
- A few dishes and some silverware. Most student bring paper plates and plastic silverware (no washing needed)
- Laundry supplies
- Power strip with a fuse or surge protector
- Sewing kit
- School Supplies
- Stamps and letter writing stuff
- Stuff to decorate your room
Listed below are a few of the items that you might want to talk to your roommate (s) about. These are items that you may be willing to share with each other or that your room needs only one of. Please remember, it is OK for each roommate to have these items, but it would make the room a little crowded.
- Coffee pot/Keurig
- Phone, phone cord, and answering machine
- Small microwave
- Small refrigerator (No greater than 4.0 cubic feet)
- Stereo and /or Speakers (small to mid size)
- TV (Cable-ready or with a converter) and cord to connect to cable
- Blu-Ray player and/or gaming systems
- Skiing equipment or other outdoor sporting supplies
The items listed below are things that you should not bring.
- Pets [fish in a 10-gallon (or less) tank are the only exception]
- Items with open heating elements (hot plates, toasters, toaster ovens, etc.)
- Halogen Lights
- Illegal Drugs/Paraphernalia
- Alcohol (if under the age of 21)