The UMPI Inclusion and Civility Task Force was established in Fall 2016 and works under the following purpose and mission.
Purpose: To foster inclusion and civility at UMPI in ways that embrace diversity, create solidarity, encourage civil discourse and respect for others, and increase a general feeling of safety on campus.
Mission: The Inclusion and Civility Task Force is a proactive campus group that works to:
- Build civil discourse both in the academic and social settings across campus.
- Create greater awareness of all cultures that UMPI represents and encourage participation of those typically underrepresented groups in campus activities.
- Create a safe space to facilitate any concerns without fear or concern of one’s voice not being heard.
- Increase the awareness of resources that are available to each student, faculty, and staff member that will ensure their safety across campus.
- Galvanize all members of campus to stand together and stand up for each other.