Career Exploration Pathways are the courses, or map, towards your future career. Every college certificate and degree has courses that are designed to give you the knowledge to succeed at your career. By choosing concurrent enrollment courses that align with your career, you can get a jump-start on some of those requirements right now. When you complete all the courses in one of our Early College Career Exploration pathways you will receive an early college certificate designation on your UMPI transcript!
If you are not sure which career pathway is right for you, simply choose an area you are interested in. If you need more time to decide, select a course that will apply towards a variety of degrees.
- Criminal Justice
- Healthcare Professions
- Liberal Studies
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, & Mathematics)
Why earn an Early College Certificate at UMPI?
- Easily transition to a degree program after pathway certificate completion
- Earn up to 12 college credits per academic year tuition-free (must qualify for MDOE Aspirations/Concurrent Enrollment)
- Waived application fee at UMPI after completion of Pathway Certificate
- Waived tuition deposit for Early College students that have an average of B- or better in their Early College courses
- If you have completed an Early College Certificate Pathway at UMPI with grades of B- or better then you are eligible for a drawing to win ONE semester (for the Spring following a successful Fall term) of free dormitory stay in a double occupancy room in which there will be two occupants.
- Job shadowing opportunities in your pathway and/or Zoom discussion opportunities with professionals in your field.